Michael Quiat, a practicing attorney for 37 years, is a senior partner with Uscher, Quiat, Uscher & Russo, P.C., began his career in New York City, where he had a diverse and active career involving Federal and State Court litigation in a wide variety of fields and specialties. Since then, Michael has focused his practice on matters of complex insurance litigation, with an emphasis on disability income insurance claims, LTD and other ERISA claims and related fields. He is now one of the region’s foremost legal authorities on such complex insurance issues, having published numerous articles and lectured on these topics throughout the New York metropolitan area.
A former Law Review editor in his law school days, Michael is a member of the New Jersey State, New York City and Bergen County Bar Associations.
Mike has significant experience in other types of insurance coverage disputes with carriers. He has pursued disability income and LTD cases, most under ERISA laws and regulations, with UnumProvident and every major disability insurer in the U.S.
- ERISA, LTD and Private Disability Income Claims
- Long Term Care Insurance Claims
- Other Complex Insurance Claims, Disputes, and Insurance Litigation
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Bergen County (NJ) Bar Association
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1981
- B.S., Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1978
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court